Today, there are a lot of treatments that can help you with this condition; for example, you can have the shockwave therapy. Keep in mind that many men suffer from this, and if it goes untreated, it can be very painful. Call your doctor as soon as you realize that there is something wrong.
Treatment and drugs
Your health physician will probably recommend the wait-and-see approach if:
– The Peyronie’s disease is not severe and it stopped worsening
– You are still able to have painless sex
– You have good erectile function
– The pain during your erection is mild
If your symptoms go beyond the above-mentioned and they present as severe or start to worsen over time, you might be required to have surgery. However, keep in mind that this is not something that happens that often, and usually the symptoms and the curve go away on their own.
This is not something to be ashamed of, you need to seek help as soon as you feel pain during intercourse
Reducing the hardened scar tissue that will form under the penis, also known as plaque, is one of the goals of the treatment with medication, as well as to minimize the curvature of your penis. There is one medication that was approved by Food and Drug Administration that is suitable for Peyronie’s disease.
It is called Xiaflex, collagenase Clostridium histolyticum, and it is a medicine that was approved for use for men who have a palpable lump from the hardened tissue in the penis, which is the cause of the curvature of at least thirty degrees during an erection.
This treatment works as it breaks down the buildup of collagen that is causing the penis curvature. It will involve a series of injections (in-office), which is injected directly into the lump on the penis caused by plaque, together with penile modeling, which re brie exercises where you will gently strengthen and stretch your penis.
The collagenase therapy has significantly reduced the curvature of the penis and the bothersome symptoms that come along with Peyronie’s disease in many patients from a clinical trial. There are some side effects of this medication, which you should discuss with your doctor before you agree to the treatment.
Usually surgery will not be needed, but that does not mean that you do not need any treatment
Usually, it does not come to this point, but if your symptoms are severe, surgery might be needed to correct Peyronie’s disease. Many experts will recommend that you do not go under the knife in the early stages until things get unbearable. This is usually because the Peyronie’s disease can go away on its own.
Some surgical methods include:
- Suturing the unaffected side; there are many procedures that can be used to suture the longer side of the penis, which can help straighten the penis but might result in shortening it.
- Excision r incision and grafting; which is generally used in cases where there are severe curvatures as this procedure is connected to bigger risks that worsen erectile function.
- Penile implants; this is a surgically inserted penis implant that replaces the spongy tissue which will fill the blood during your erection.
There are many other treatments that can be included, together with a variety of different home remedies that have shown to be able to improve this condition. However, if you are looking for a Peyronie’s disease cure, you should contact your physician and have a talk.