If you want to get your smile back because your dentures do not fit, you can make it happen. You just need to know who to call for denture relines. A reline is a process that enables a set of dentures to be re-fitted to the tissues in the mouth.
Why Dentures Slip or Do Not Fit
Denture relines are required when a denture feels uncomfortable or starts to slip out of place. This may happen for the following reasons:
- Gum resorption is where small changes take place in the gum tissue over time. Gum resorption may occur as part of the aging process or because of the extraction of teeth. In turn, the bone that originally supported the teeth begins to shrink.
- The age and condition of the denture may also lead to slipping or discomfort.
- Water retention can cause a denture to fit poorly in the mouth.
- An infection may lead to denture discomfort as well.
- If the patient gains or loses weight, his or her denture may no longer fit comfortably.
How to Resolve the Issue
Regardless of the reason for a denture reline, dental technicians in Hitchin can resolve the issue in a short matter of time. If you are experiencing this issue, book an appointment so you can regain your smile and feel comfortable once again.
Usually, a denture reline should be performed once every couple of years because of bite or tissue changes. Not only does a reline increase the longevity of a denture but it is also crucial for bone and tissue health.